[SI-LIST] Re: optimize Equalization and De-emphasis settings

  • From: Cosmin Iorga <ci249534@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:02:22 -0800 (PST)

Gert,
I know an algorithm that comes up with the equalization time constants starting
from a step response waveform (typically measured with a TDR/TDT oscilloscope
setup, but it can also be simulated using a similar test bench).  It basically
generates a variable number of time-constants, as many time constants as
needed,
depending on the roll-off shape of the measured waveform.  If this is something
that fits your application let me know.
Cosmin Iorga,
NoiseCoupling.ocm
http://www.noisecoupling.com