[SI-LIST] optimize Equalization and De-emphasis settings

  • From: "Havermann, Gert" <Gert.Havermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:05:19 +0100

Dear Experts,

is there any way to determin the optimum settings for Equalization and
De-emphasis in a channel simulation?

Situation: I'm running simulations of cascaded channels
(driver-PCB-switch-PCB-switch-PCB-reclocker-PCB-Receiver). Each silicon
has analog equalization and de-emphasis, only some have ECR, thus i
can't just simulate section by section.

Simulation takes very long, thus I would like to start with optimum
settings.  I'm looking for some technique or algorithm to determin the
desired amount of equalization just by examining each silicon's input
signal (Eye, spectrum, timing...).

Any thoughts or paper reference is appreciated.

Besuchen sie uns auf der SPS/IPC/Drives in Nürnberg, vom 23. - 25. November
2010, in Halle 10, Stand 130.

Absender ist HARTING Electronics GmbH & Co. KG; Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Espelkamp; Registergericht: Bad Oeynhausen; Register-Nr.: HRA 5596; persönlich
haftende Gesellschafterin: HARTING Electronics Management GmbH; Sitz der
Komplementär-GmbH: Espelkamp; Registergericht der Komplementär-GmbH: Bad
Oeynhausen; Register-Nr. der Komplementär-GmbH: HRB 8808; Geschäftsführer:
Edgar-Peter Duening, Torsten Ratzmann

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: