[SI-LIST] Re: off-diagonal resistance and conductance elements

  • From: "Dunbar, Tony" <tony_dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:40:46 -0600

For the purposes of clarification:-

Patrick initially stated "The on-diagonal parameters (e.g., L11) are
typically stated to be the self parasitics, ..."

My understanding is that, rather than being purely "self parasitics", they
actually include the effects of coupled neighbors. As a consequence, for
example, L11 will actually be different (lower) than it will be if the same
primary structure existed without any coupled neighbors.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Tony Dunbar