[SI-LIST] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Ed Miguel <emiguel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:07:41 -0600

Hi Vince,

To answer your first question, assuming that you are looking for the power
dissipation of an IC package for instance, there can also be power
dissipated internally from the inputs although typically minimal but
outputs can dissipate power as well from sources different from the VCC and
current going into your circuit.

Your second question is somewhat broad.  I think both are used depending on
the receiver and the circuit or where in the circuit.  For instance I can
envision a series LC where I want to pass a band of frequencies and a
parallel LC where I would want to reject a band of frequencies.  More often
what's used are combinations of LC's to make a modern LP, HP BP,
filter.  Perhaps you can specify where in the receiver you are interested:
preamp, IF, LO, mixers, etc.

Ed

At 02:42 AM 11/4/03 -0800, vince vintero wrote:
>HI...my name's Vince and i'm an ET student. We were given a homework and I
>was researching through "Ask Jeeves" and i saw a link where you answered
>someone's question for their project.
>My question is this: Why is it that using measurement of a circuit's
>voltage with a voltmeter and its current with an ammeter does not provide
>the necessary info to find the actual power dissipated by the circuit? And
>is the tuned circuit of a receiver typically series or parallel LC circuit?
>Hope you can provide me the info i need....i'd really appreciate
>it...thanks so much

>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help:
>
>List archives are viewable at: