[SI-LIST] new video podcast "A Scope Probe can Fool You"

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emc-pstc <emc-pstc@xxxxxxxx>, SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:57:50 -0700

Hi All,

Just finished this week's video podcast (a little early) on a source of
error in oscilloscope probe measurements. The video runs about three
minutes. There are two ways to view it:

1) Go to my video podcast page at:
http://emcesd-podcast.com/weekly_podcasts/weekly_podcast.mp4

The archive page is at: http://emcesd-podcast.com/weekly_podcasts/
There are now three videos.

2) Go to YouTube at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DShYpdoxEkA

There are both high and low resolution versions on YouTube and a low
resolution version on my video podcast page.

The code to embed the YouTube video in a website is:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DShYpdoxEkA&hl=en&fs=1";></param><param
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DShYpdoxEkA&hl=en&fs=1";
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425"
height="344"></embed></object>

The video is now in the public domain so this is OK to embed in another
website if you wish. The version on my podcast page is in mp4 format, a
widely used industry standard video format but that may not play on some
Windows machines without extra software. The YouTube versions are played
in Flash and should work on Windows machines as well as others.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the links. Some mail clients,
Microsoft specifically, may add something like "[1]" to the end of the
links above that are not actually in this message for a reason I don't
understand. If this happens, do not include the "[i]" if you cut and
paste. In most mail clients you should be able to just click on the link.

Doug

    ___          _       Doug Smith
     \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
      =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
   _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
 /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
 \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net