[SI-LIST] Re: jitter measurements on clock

  • From: Iliya Zamek <i_zamek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prasad <hariprasad.palli@xxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:40:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Prasad,

In a Clock there is no Data dependent jitter components like ISI.
Periodic component is possible, but they are usially negligible. That is why
Clock Jitter specifies as RMS.
TIE measurements and use RMS would be fine.
The problem only that the measurements will depend on the synchronization you
will use.
You can see more about it in
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=1275150

Regards,