[SI-LIST] Re: hspice issue

  • From: Bi Han <mike_bihan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yu Liu <yu_liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:28:53 +0800 (CST)

would you like to tell me that whether hspice take "the time for electron to
across the channel" into account?

Thanks, Bi, Han
 Yu Liu <yu_liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Hi, Bi Han,

This is a device modeling issue, in particular the so called
Non-Quasi-Static (NQS) model. Most of the device models in SPICE are
Quasi-Static (QS) model, assuming instant device current response w.r.t.
the corresponding bias. However, BSIM3 model has added some NQS
modeling capability so it can exhibit some NQS effects.

Hope this helps.

Yu
===

Apache Design Solutions
1881 Landings Drive
Mountain View, CA 94043
Tel: (650)237-5410
Fax: (650)969-4170
Email: yu_liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: www.apache-da.com

Bi Han wrote:

> Hi, all:function SetDomain(d) { document.domain = d; }
>
> Did hspice included the variation of gm (CMOS) over broad frequency upto 20G ?
>
> Since it takes electrons finite time to pass through the channel, so there
> will be a up-limit frequency which eletron will forever stay in the channel.
>
> Did hspice take that into account? In another way, if no parasitic
> capacitance exists, will the cut-off frequency of mosfet in hspice simulation
> be infinite ?
>
> (The reason I did not do the test it myself is that it looks that impossible
> to remove all cap in the process file, maybe some avanti guies can answer
> this problem.)

> List archives are viewable at:
> //www.freelists.org/archives/si-list
> http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu