[SI-LIST] Re: how EM wave propagates through space

  • From: Rick Collins <gnuarm.2006@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ihsan Erdin <erdinih@xxxxxxxxx>,"Elya B. Joffe" <ebj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 13:38:28 -0400

In fact, my understanding is that the ideas behind relativity are a
result of interpreting Maxwell's equations.  Maxwell's equations
predict the speed of light without a definition of a frame of
reference implying the idea that there is no "standard" frame of
reference and therefore all motion is relative.

Rick

PS  I hate the dozens of Out of Office replies posting to this list
generates.  Can't people turn off their mail delivery from this list
when they go on vacation?  I even got one reply that said the email
address did not exist.  Will that subscription to this list be
terminated?  Who do we contact for help with this list?  I don't see
messages from Lee Ritchey that others reply to and I don't see a
contact address at the list web page.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: