[SI-LIST] Re: how EM wave propagates through space

Remember that until not too many years ago (about 100) the greatest
scientists were troubled with the same question and believed that we are
surrounded by "Ether"... It was only Einstein, I believe, who showed that
waves do not require matter (e.g., "Ether") for the waves to propagate
(recall that the special relativity was developed on the basis of what you
may call a "bug" in Maxwell's Equations, as discovered by Einstein)...

So, do not be surprised that the concept of propagation in vacuum is
puzzling- it happened to the greatest scientists (and humbly may I say that
Itoo find this quite amazing...).

Greetings,

Elya

[IMG]
On 05/10/2011 22:54, Sen Velmurugan wrote: Hi Shahbaz The "space" is vacuum
but not "nothing", all we know is, it is a medium where the energy can flow.
Like many medium we know, space seems to be a conductor of energy.
http://cellphonesafety.wordpress.com/2006/10/08/what-is-a-wave-front/[1] Sen
Velmurugan Engineer @ Oracle.

--- Links ---
   1 http://cellphonesafety.wordpress.com/2006/10/08/what-is-a-wave-front/