Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:41:35 -0700
From: "Scott McMorrow" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [SI-LIST] [Fwd: Re: Re: Reducing SSO noise in
an FPGA]

Hi, Scott,

We have been working with a big ASIC design company on
IO-SSO problem.
You are quite right - in order to perform an accurate
IO SSO analysis,
we need both on-chip P/G network, and the package
data. We use our
extraction tool to extract the on-chip P/G network,
and the package is
166-port S-parameter network model, the whole netlist
has roughly 2.5
million RCLs, plus 50K mosfet transistors, and the big
S-parameter
network - all together to simulate more than 300 I/O
SSO, and the
result
shows big vdd-drop, ground bounce, and huge current
peaks. It's quite
amazing to see all those effects, and running the
simulation just on a
Linux desktop.

Regards,

Yu