[SI-LIST] differential IBIS model generation

  • From: jing wu <jessica_wuluan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:38:36 -0800 (PST)

SI experts:

   I had a question about generating IBIS differential models. I am now working
on generating the LVDS input IBIS buffer model with 100ohm on-chip-termination
resistor. I was told that there is no specification for creating  differential
IBIS files.  The I-V curve of [ground_clamp] and [power_clamp] can be generated
using the voltage and current on the input pad, so the I-V curve of
[ground_clamp] and [power_clamp] are identical. It does not make sense to me,
if there is no standard to create differential IBIS file, how the different EDA
company create the differential buffer model in their tools?

   Thanks much in advance!

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org