[SI-LIST] Re: different flavor of AMI models ?

Resend.  For some reason this message bounced back
to me so I am trying again...

Arpad

From: Muranyi, Arpad
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 11:32 AM
To: 'Qu, Pingyu (Perry)'; si-list
Subject: RE: different flavor of AMI models ?

Perry,

You are correct, we wrote the IBIS-AMI specification to
provide a way to ensure interoperability and platform
independence.  Unfortunately the specification is not
perfect and occasionally people make models which are
not fully compliant with the specification.  We are
working very hard in the IBIS ATM Task Group to make
corrections and improvements to the AMI specification
to eliminate this problem.

However, the question you raise is not completely clear.
The fact that there are two flavors of a model doesn't
automatically mean that they are not compatible with
the specification or other tools.  Did you check the
content of these flavors?  Are they using syntax that
is incompatible with the specification?

Since you mentioned the tool of the company I work for,
I would like to offer my help to you off line.  If you
can send me the models, I would be willing to try them
out for you and give you more details if there are issues.

Thanks,

Arpad