[SI-LIST] Re: different flavor of AMI models ?

  • From: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Qu, Pingyu (Perry)" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:42:48 -0800

Hi Perry,
I am not familiar with ADS, but SiSoft version may have some unique
constructs for SiSoft simulator.  You should still be able to use it with
HyperLynx, since HyperLynx should ignore these constructs.

Regards,
Ravinder Ajmani
Server PCB Development
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies

Email: Ravinder.Ajmani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Qu, Pingyu (Perry)" <perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
02/07/2012 09:20 AM

si-list <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[SI-LIST] different flavor of AMI models ?

Hi,
I'm currently working with a vendor on an IBIS AMI model and they provided
two models, a Sisoft flavor and an ADS flavor. We have neither tool but we
have Hyperlynx, not sure which one I should try. Would like to understand
what makes the AMI model different for different tools ? I had an
impression that IBIS AMI is supposed to be a standard that works across
vendors ?

Regards
Perry
=======================================
Perry Qu
IPD Design & Qualification, Alcatel-Lucent Canada Inc.
600 March Road, Ottawa ON, K2K 2E6, Canada
Phone: 613-7846720  Fax: 613-5993642
Email: perry.qu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net