[SI-LIST] Re: diff pair signal

  • From: "Gil Gafni" <gil.gafni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'steve weir'" <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>, <gopalak@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:44:54 -0700

We have followed this recommendation for SSTL which is a low swing as
well.
The idea that stands behind it, is that if for any reason (i.e. noise)
the driver's Vddq droops/bounces, it will affect the common mode of it's
output swing.
By allowing the Vref of the receiver to follow those changes
(droop/bounce) the common mode of the receiver will follow the common
mode of the transmitted signal.

It sounds that what you suggest will work as well, I reckon once one
decides to "cheat" and not follow the standard, as long as he follows
the "spirit" of it he will be ok.

Thank you for your remarks and for your suggestion, I will definitely
will consider it in our next design

Cheers,

Gil Gafni