[SI-LIST] Re: characteristic impedance at DC

  • From: mohammad haaeri <haaeri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:33:38 -0700

Thanks Yuriy for your response, it makes sense.
I think what's been calculated for characteristic impedance at low
frequencies in "Implementation of Broadband transmission line models with
accurate low-frequency response for high speed system simulations" in
DesignCon 2006 is not correct (although it has improved the time domain
simulation results!). They are assuming only the transmission line under
test is frequency dependent and calculate its limit going to low
frequencies not the TDR cable (which is another transmission line and it
doesn't have 50ohms going to zero). (page 11, equation (5)). That's the
reason they are coming up with a characteristic of 25.7ohms at DC for a
transmission line!

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: