[SI-LIST] Re: bypass caps on unused pcb area

  • From: Duane Mattheisen <duane.mattheisen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: istvan Novak <Istvan.Novak@xxxxxxx>, "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 01:47:51 +0200

Loyer and Jeff,
   I once had a circuit with ~100 dB of gain and the current from the output
would flow through the ground plane and out the ground connection near the
input of the amplifiers.  This ground current flowing near the input amplifier
would cause oscillations.  We fixed this problem by moving the ground
connection to the middle of the four stage amplifier and  we cut some of the
ground plane so the output currents going into the ground would leave through
the ground connection before having a chance to get back to the input of the
amplifier.

Regards,
Duane Mattheisen
NXP