[SI-LIST] Re: add new power island in a 8 layer stack

  • From: "Tom Biggs" <tbiggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:57:03 -0700

When you create a power island on a signal layer and you have two signal
layers between planes, then you might want to create an equivalent
ground island on the next layer (properly stitched to the ground plane).

This prevents auto-routed traces from crossing under this power island,
which would cause EMI and signal quality problems.

    -tom