[SI-LIST] Wire bonding

  • From: david stern <dan1_st@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:22:30 -0700 (PDT)

HI

We are designing an electro-optical element for
infiniband optical transceiver.
We are using a driver as a dye chip with wire bonding
process.
The 1 mil wire is 1mm long. One side of the dye chip
is using 2 wires for differential input
and on the other side  we use 1 wire surrounded with 2
GND wires for signal.
Our devices are design to work at baud rate of 5Gbps.

I tried to get information on the web about signal
integrity for high speed wire bond without any
success.

      1.   Where can I find material about SI for wire
bonding?
2.      how shall I  define wire bond in simulation? shall
I defied it as inductor?
3.      How shall I calculate the impedance of the wire
bonding?
4.      Are there cases were wire bond can be neglect due
to the fact that it place right after the driver or
       right before the receiver?

Thanks in advance
David

List FAQ wiki page is located at: