[SI-LIST] Re: What do you do?

  • From: "Andrew Ingraham" <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:30:16 -0400

> Sorry to weigh-in so late, but I thought I would contribute on what to
> tell the under 8 year-old crowd if you ever have to do "Career Day" at
> school or if you happen to be talking to anyone from Oklahoma.
> I am a computer doctor...I make sick computers work.

Dangerous statement, in my opinion.

You'll get a dozen parents showing up at your door the next day with their
computer problems.  Probably none of them hardware related.  I hope your OS
and system related skills are good.

Probably a lot safer to just say you help design computers so that they work
right.  If computers are your end-product.  (Seems to be a common theme
here.  Is everyone in the SI community doing computer design??)

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:

List archives are viewable at: