[SI-LIST] Via Structure

  • From: "Filion, Marc-Andre" <marc-andre.filion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:15:04 -0400

Hi,

We had a funny surprise when we received the bare pcb of a prototype. The PCB
fab changed the via pad from a typical round shape to an enlarged square one.
It tickle our mind and came to a quick conclusion that it won't affect much the
signal integrity.

My question here is: Is this a more effective way to build PCB (in term of
yield)? Is there any pitfall related to this technique?

best regards,

Marc-André Filion, Eng | Hardware designer | Kontron Canada | T 450 437 5682
x2243 | E marc-andre.filion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:marc-andre.filion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Kontron Canada Inc
4555 Rue Ambroise-Lafortune
Boisbriand (Québec) J7H 0A4

The information contained in this document is confidential and property of
Kontron Canada Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited without express written consent of Kontron Canada Inc. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of
the original message and enclosed attachments.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: