[SI-LIST] Re: Traces don't cause EMI - really?

  • From: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Grasso, Charles" <Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<MikonCons@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:26:27 -0700

What?!?!  You don't think I have it memorized?  Ok, you caught me...

As far as I can see, it doesn't specifically say whether the trace =
dimensions were adjusted.  In fact, it doesn't say how he brought the =
trace closer to the ground plane.  I was trying to emphasize that =
Dockey's paper concludes only that traces farther away from the =
reference plane (decreasing Mgs - mutual inductance between signal and =
ground - in his paper) create more EMI; he doesn't talk about the =
relationship between impedance and EMI (is there one?).

Jeff Loyer