[SI-LIST] Re: Trace Width @ 3Gb/s

  • From: Bob Patel <whizplayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rsterner@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:47:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi! Rudy,
As you mentioned in the data pattern the error happens
on the first transition from 0 to 1 after 3
consecutive bits of 0 and does not happen on the
second transition. Also, your link is AC coupled.
I don't know if you tried this already but
1) Change your data pattern to 010101, like a clock
and see if you get any error.
2) Next if you don't get error with the above pattern
then change the pattern back to original and use DC
coupled link. Remove AC coupling.
The problem could also be that the receiver cannot
hanfle the DC drift with the consecutive run's of 0 in
tha pattern and the EYE at the receiver is closing.
What is the value of AC caps and what are their
characteristics?
Good luck
Bob

List archives are viewable at: