[SI-LIST] Thermally Conductive Adhesives

  • From: Arjun Bingipur <Arjun.Bingipur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 11:48:11 +0000

Hi,
I would like to ask the experts a question at the risk of it being non-SI
related.

I'm in the process of evaluating Heat Sink Paste technology instead of
conventional copper heat sinks.

Although there are very good technical papers on thermally conductive
adhesives and various other technical specifications, the information is
quite limited when it comes to actual application.

I would like to hear from the group if there are any real time success
stories used in mass production? Failure modes? Trade offs? Any one tried
it especially in the Automotive industry?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Arjun

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net