[SI-LIST] Target Impedance in PCB power plane...

  • From: "Padmanaban Balamuraleedharan - TLS, Chennai" <Padmanabanb@xxxxxx>
  • To: "silist" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:31:23 +0530

Hi all,
=20
Whether target impedance of power plane needs to be kept below certain =
value
throughout the operating spectrum? if yes, Why? Current consumption at
different frequencies are different in the spectrum, right? Eg, =
Switching
current consumption occurs at multiples of its fundamental switching
frequencies at different magnitudes. So we need to consider the current
distribution instead of switching current alone. If I'm wrong, correct =
me.
How we need to fix the threshold limit for the target impedance of the =
power
plane throughout the operating frequency?
=20
Thanks in advance.
=20
Regards,
Padmanaban
DISCLAIMER=20
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and =
intended for the=20

named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the =
originator or HCL or its=20

affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely =
those of the author and=20

may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any =
form of reproduction,=20

dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or =
publication of this=20

message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail =
is strictly=20

prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it =
and notify the sender=20

immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them =
for viruses and=20

defect.

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: Notebook.jpg