[SI-LIST] Stripline, Microstrip Signal Attenuation

Hi All,

I'm trying to reduce insertion land return loss on a signa trace while
maintaining 50 ohm.  Data rate interest is in 5-15 Gb/s range.

Can anyone give an explanation on all the possible ways I can go?  I'm going
to try widening the trace but it'll require thicker di-electric to maintain
50 ohm.  The wire and trace are as short as physically possible.

Right now it is a microstrip structure.  Would a stripline or waveguide
structure give lower insertion and reture loss?  I think stripline is mainly
for the reduction of cross-talk.  What are the advantages of using stripline
over microstrip if I can achieve 50 ohm in both cases?

Thanks

Alid

List archives are viewable at: