[SI-LIST] Re: StatEye

  • From: "chen, jinhua" <chen_jinhua@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx'" <gedlund@xxxxxxxxxx>,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:44:43 -0400

As my understanding, StatEye use S-parameter to generate 2-dimentional
bathtub curve. In conventional way, such as MJSQ, it use the statistical
jitter data to create one-dimentional (time) bathtub curve, and use it to
predict the bit-errors. But in reality, if eye closed too much in voltage
dimention, it also can cause bit errors. So, two-dimentional bathtub curve,
time and voltage, is more accurate to predict the bit errors.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards!

Jinhua

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:54:35 -0700
From: Raymond Anderson <Raymond.Anderson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [SI-LIST] StatEye

For those who may not be aware, a tool called StatEye has been developed
by the the OIF (Optical Internetworking Forum) PhyLayer working group
and is available as open source code.

StatEye uses statistical methods to derive an eye diagram and jitter
metrics for a channel characterized by s-parameters.

StatEye runs under Matlab 6.5.1

StatEye is a leading standards development tool, used widely by a
standards groups working with high speed interfaces.

 From their web site:

"StatEye is a non-profit open source forum for the development and
validation of physical interface channels and the signalling technology.
Our mission is to proliferate the use of a standard method for the
analysis of interface channels, that can be used by system and chip
developer alike."

The StatEye web site: http://www.stateye.org/ hosts the downloadble
code, documentation, papers and presentations and a forum dedicated to
StatEye topics.

-Ray Anderson
Sun Microsystems Inc.

List FAQ wiki page is located at: