From:   Ashok Babu K [SMTP:k.ashokbabu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Wednesday, October 10, 2001 11:46 PM
To:     ariazi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        Re: [SI-LIST] Re: Spice simulators

Hi All,

I have gone through the discussions on SPICE tool on this list. Main
contenders are HSPICE and PSPICE. What about other SPICE tools like =
ISPICE
from Intusoft, or SPICE tools from Ansoft? Also some free SPICE tools =
like
WinSPICE are avalable. What about their limitations? What about price
comparisons of PSPICE and HSPICE?

Actually we would like to purchase Spice tool for our simulations at =
OC48
and OC192 systems. We considered PSPICE and HSPICE. The PSPICE pricing =
is
given as about 4500USD in their website, and no idea about HSPICE. Can
anyone give us an idea about HSPICE pricing and its updates etc? We are
awaiting response from Avanti, but we hope the response very fast in =
this
list.

At high frequencies, frequency dependent lossy transmission line modes
W-Element transmssion line models are used extensively. Is this model
supported only in HSPICE? Can PSPICE support this? Does PSPICE has its =
own
model? Some SPICE tools support only RLC models. I feel that they maynot =
be
sufficient at frequencies of 2.5GHz. Can you please shed some light on =
this?

Also we would like to use HSPICE for our ASIC backend services? Will it =
be
feasible?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok.