[SI-LIST] Re: Spice simulators

  • From: "Dima Smolyansky" <Dima@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Si-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:59:58 -0700

Alex:

For SPICE modeling of interconnects, how about the following papers:
- "Printed Circuit Board Interconnect Characterization from TDR
Measurements"-Printed Circuit Design Magazine, May 1999, pp. 18-26 (TDA
Systems Application Note PCBD-0699)
- "Characterization of Differential Interconnects from Time Domain
Reflectometry Measurements,"-Microwave Journal, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 68-80
(TDA Systems application note DIFF-1099)
- "TDR Techniques for Characterization and Modeling of Electronic
 Packaging," - High Density Interconnect Magazine, March and April 2001, 2
parts, TDA application note pkgm-0101
- "Lossy Transmission Line Modeling Using TDR" - TDA Application Note
loss-0601

There is more on our web site at www.tdasystems.com/support.htm. All these
are application note, focused on using TDR for all aspects of interconnect
modeling - from simple impedance measurements, to coupled lines, to losses,
S-parameteres, eye diagram prediction and jitter, in PCBs, flexboards,
cables and connectors at gigabit speeds.

Thanks,

Dima Smolyansky
TDA Systems, Inc.
11140 SW Barbur Blvd., Suite 100
Portland, OR 97219
(503) 246-2272
(503) 246-2282 (fax)
(503) 804-7171 (mobile)

If you want to keep up on recent TDR news, subscribe to our TDR Measurement
Newsletter at www.tdasystems.com!