[SI-LIST] Spice simulators

  • From: mmunroe <mmunroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:alexh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <alexh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:21:15 -0400

Alex,

Three of my favorite books on this subject are - since people have been
recently listing favorite books.

High-Speed Digital System Design
A Handbook of Interconnect Theory and Design Practices
Stephen H. Hall, G. Hall, J. McCall
2000 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN 0-471-36090-2

Characterization of Electrical Packages  - good bibliography for each
chapter.
Luc Martens
2001 Kluwer Academic Publishers ISBN 0-7923-8307-9

High-Speed Digital Design
A Handbook of Black Magic
Howard Johnson, Martin Graham
1993 Prentice-Hall, Inc. ISBN 0-13-395724-1

Regarding simulation environments, a small company preparing for the futu=
re
might want to consider simulation environments that will support mixed
s-parameter/SPICE interconnect modeling.  I am thinking of system
interconnect simulation as this is an area that is less well known.  =

Three simulation platforms that meet this criteria are:  Ansoft Full Wave=
,
Avanti StarHSPICE and Agilent ADS.  We have the Agilent platform in Germa=
ny
and here in Virginia and expect to write a requisition for the Ansoft Ful=
Wave package shortly. - especially if they give us a discount for this
testimonial. smile.  For less exotic needs, there are some public domain
Berkeley compatible SPICE only simulators out there.

There is also a neat measurement based acquisition and simulation softwar=
tool for multi-gigabit differential cable applications that we also
recently purchased - Oculus Cascade - atSpeed Technologies, Inc.
(www.atspeedtecnologies.com).  =

michael munroe                    =

The ERNI Group   "Connecting the Next Generation"
Chester, Virginia  23836
804-530-4283 voice mail =

804-240-7188 cell phone =

804-530-5232 fax
888-662-6191 pager
www.erni.com
www.teamZD.com

message written by Alex Horvath on 8/30/2001:

Hi all,

I often have a need to perform spice simulations but I haven't done it fo=
years.
Can someone recommend some spice simulators?

Also, are there any good books that cover the subject of spice transmissi=
on
line modeling and I/O buffers?

Thanks

From: "Alex Horvath" <alexh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>