[SI-LIST] Re: SpecctraQuest Vs. Hyperlinks

  • From: "Hargin, Bill" <bill_hargin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'chris.mcgrath@xxxxxxxx'" <chris.mcgrath@xxxxxxxx>,Si-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 11:11:41 -0700

Hi Chris:

Thanks for the comments.  You may be happy to know that HL7.5 (target release
in Q4) will make "free-form" schematics (i.e., drag-and-drop) possible in
LineSim, in addition to the schematic grid that you mention here.  (By the way,
for a lot of schematics, the grid is handy and preferred by some, so we're
making the two form-factors "toggleable."  Which is preferred depends on the
user, and the design.)

Several issues that Ravinder pointed out in his 14 April e-mail will also be
addressed in 7.5.

(Not intending to make this into a HyperForum ... Just want to clear up a
couple of issues.)

Bill Hargin
Product Manager - HyperLynx
Mentor Graphics Corp.