[SI-LIST] Re: Shive wave machine video

  • From: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:47:55 -0600

Hi,
Me again.

Istvan sent me an interesting message off-list questioning Shive’s analogy
between electrical open and mechanical clamped. His drift was "An electrical
open 'feels' more like a mechanical free end." We agreed the answer might be of
general interest so I’m posting an explanation here:

http://signal-integrity.tm.agilent.com/2012/shive-wave-machine-allows-visualization-of-wave-properties#math

Best regards,
-- Colin
------