[SI-LIST] Re: Series MOSFET IBIS models in SigXplorer

  • From: Hassan Ali <hassan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:53:30 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

My thanks to all the folks who sent me responses.

I've actually just figured out how to use those models. When translating to the
DML
format, a package model is created. To use the series switch model (as package
model) you
then have to attach the pkg model to the IBIS model of another device that you
use for IO
drivers/receivers.

I'm not quite sure though, if the pkg model of the series switch if attached in
this way,
doesn't over-rule the defined parameters of the package model of the IO
driver/receiver
device. I remember the DML/IBIS order of precedence is package model (IBIS
model of the
package), then pin parasitics defined in the [Pin] section, then package
parasitics
(R_pkg, L_pkg, C_pkg) defined under [Component] section. Could any Cadence
person clarify
this?

Thanks.

Hassan.

On Mar 7 , Hassan Ali <hassan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Does anybody know how to use series switch IBIS models in Cadence's
> SigXplorer?
>
> I have loaded one in SigXplorer model library (after successful ibis2signoise
conversion)
> but when I filter for "IbisDevice" and click on the series switch model to
> have
something

href='//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list'>//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list</a>

href='//www.freelists.org/archives/si-list'>//www.freelists.org/archives/si-list</a>