[SI-LIST] Re: Seperate Sparameter for gnd & supply plane !!

  • From: Rajesh K <rajeshk0212@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 06:48:43 +0530

you are very much correct, one VDD or ten VDD doesn't matter. it all matters
potential difference. This is universal truth, we are not debating here this
point. The question is, how should I get or generate separate s-parameter
for VDD, VSS domain in a typical die, package, pcb connected system. This is
purely from simulation point of view. I wish to probe(in simulation) VSS
noise at different point in package, pcb, die input. if I use typical
s-parameter, VSS of package, pcb & die will be lumped together. Therefore, I
will not be able to estimate VSS noise at different point.
please do not expect to write new EM tool which will need to search for
equipotential point. suggest some solution within existing set of EM tools
available in market

--
Thanks
Rajesh