[SI-LIST] Re: Seperate Sparameter for gnd & supply plane !!

  • From: Young <long.0.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rajan Hansa <all.si.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 16:08:56 +0800

What we care about and what it makes sense is the voltage difference
between vcc and vss at chip side. Do not leave vcc or vss alone.

Generally when extracting S-parameter we need define local positive
terminal and negative terminal(as reference 0, mostly is ground).
Keeping this concept in mind, the S-parameter captures the loop
parasitics, including all the effect between the local positive
terminal and the negative terminal. In the other words, S-parameter
includes the parasitics between vcc and vss from the local terminals.
Or you can try to swap the positive terminal and negative terminal,
you will have the same S-parameter, because the loop is the same.

Regards
Long

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net