[SI-LIST] Sanmina patent on dielectric thicknesses under 4 mils

  • From: Ron Miller <rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rfmeas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:36:22 -0800

Hi Guys

I am up against the problem of using thinner dielectric in order to
eliminate the need for sub-1000 pf bypass capacitors.

While this technique was used for many years some idiot at the patent
office actually gave them a patent for it.  No novelty at all but
standard practice.

Is anyone else having trouble with this?

Does anyone have published articles or books that document this use prior
to 1989?

If so, please let me know.  Perhaps a consortium of industry professionals
can help to remove this travesty of the patent system.

Ron Miller

List archives are viewable at: