[SI-LIST] Re: SSO pushout, ground bounce definition

  • From: Ege Engin <engin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:44:53 +0200

Raymond,

The first thing that comes up to my mind is the concept of partial inductance.
Some
experts work with a unique defined partial inductance (e.g., C.R.Paul,
A.E.Ruehli),
whereas some are against such a unique definition (e.g., B.Young). I suppose you
fall into the second category. Indeed SI issues can be investigated using solely
terminal voltages (your 2.point). But voltage drop *along the conductor itself*
can
also give valuable information regarding the EMI behavior, because it can model
some
unintended dipole antennas (according to the experts falling into the first
category). The question is, how can one resolve this contradiction, that an
ill-defined voltage in terms of SI becomes a useful tool in terms of EMI?

Regards
Ege

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: engin.vcf