[SI-LIST] 答复: [SI-LIST] Re: 10G Differential routing trace width

  • From: "Shao, Peng" <Peng_Shao@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Filion, Marc-Andre" <marc-andre.filion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:37:15 +0000

For 10Gbps Serdes signal, there is no traditional thumb rules for you make a
quick judgment on the following factors:
1. Coupling Style: Loosely V.S. Tightly, which is better?
2. Skin loss V.S. Dielectric loss, which is dominating?
3. NEXT V.S. FEXT, which is more serious?
These factors does not impact the Serdes signal performance consistently. They
are variant case by case( depends on the trace width, trace roughness, trace
length, PCB materials, cross-section, cross-talk). The designer should use the
EM field simulation tools to make a trade-off.

Hope it is helpful, and you can understand. NO general Golden rule for all case!

Shaopeng
AE Consultant   Mentor Graphics Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
 Tel:  +86-10 - 5930 4050
Cell:  +86-136 1105 7707
Fax:  +86-10-6808 0319
E-mail: peng_shao@xxxxxxxxxx
 Address: RM1512, CanWay Building, No.66 NanLiShi Lu, Beijing, China 100045