[SI-LIST] Re: SI Engineer Qualification

  • From: sainath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sainath Nimmagadda)
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:19:31 -0800

I wonder how Faraday and Maxwell would have reacted. Old times or new times,
I guess there is a consistent relation between problem complexity and tool
availability (incl computers). Major difference I see is that thinking is
shifting from integral form to differential form. One reason supporting this
trend is to harness the ever increasing computer power and the other is it
is not easy to put together stuff like Maxwell did. When the current trend
runs out of juice, may be those new SI kids down the road start walking the
opposite direction.

Happy New Year!

Sainath