[SI-LIST] Re: S11 or S21

  • From: "Ming Tsai" <ming.tsai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adsurevv@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:46:27 -0700

Hi Virendra,

I have done a similar project before. The way I did it is to treat the
whole two-port network as a series impedance network. First You need to
have proper calibration (TRL or others) to remove the effect of SMA
connectors and traces. Then convert [S](2x2) to [Z](2x2). Since it is a
series network, it can be approximated as

Z =3D R + jX =3D Z11 + Z22 - Z21 - Z12

Then you can use circuit simulator (I used AWR's Microwave Office) to
run the curve fitting to find the best values of R, L, C to match both R
and X over the whole frequency band.=20

In addition, Murata's website has a tool you can download to see their
model:=20

http://www.murata.com/designlib/mcsil.html

Hope this will help.

Regards,