[SI-LIST] S11 or S21

  • From: Virendra <adsurevv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,
I am trying to measure the esl of a ceramic capacitor.
 I have a test board of 2"x 2" for this.  I have SMA
connectors connected to two sides of the test board.
Now to extract the esl of the capacitor, is it best to
measure the S11 or S21.
Given that S21 gives lesser measurement errors does it
still make sense to measure S21 when the two
connectors are 2" apart?

thanks in advance,

Do you Yahoo!?

List FAQ wiki page is located at: