[SI-LIST] Re: Ring back

  • From: "Lee Ritchey" <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew Ingraham" <a.ingraham@xxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:34:17 -0700

The place I saw ringback defined was in the book by Hall, Hall and McCall
of Intel.  In that book, page 209 states that ringback is a reflection that
goes back toward the threshold.  In most treatments of transmission line
reflections, a reflection that adds to the incident signal is overshoot and
one that subtracts from the incident waveform is undershoot, because it
extends under the desired logic level whether the switching waveform is
positive going or negative going.  The thing called ringback in that book
is actually undershoot.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org