[SI-LIST] Re: Resistors to use for DDR termination

  • From: "Dimiter Popoff" <dp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:37:43 +0300

Scott,
I have done more designs than I care to rememeber and none of them needed a
redesign.
By just looking at the board I have more simulation results available than a
simulator could
provide in most cases - and this is one of these most cases. For the few ones
where
simulation is needed, my organic simulator will alert me on the spot.
  It is just because I am going low risk that I have put 4 resistors per line,
even though
all these lines are < 2 inches long, no connectors between. Now tell me I need
to simulate
that... I am not a customer of consulting firms, in fact I have been/am doing
designs for
other companies myself. All I am wondering about is what other people who have
_designed_
actual borads do use as resitors - a handfull of 0603, 0402, what? Where do I
get them?
Any suitable arrays? I did try searching without much luck, otherwise I would
not have
asked this...

Dimiter
Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com