[SI-LIST] Re: Resistors to use for DDR termination

  • From: "Novak David (TTE)" <david.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:25:43 -0500

Overshoots are the biggest problem I have seen when running without any =
termination. This is not a problem with the DDR inputs due to the way =
they are spec'd. However, the memory controllers don't typically spec. =
the inputs in the same way. DDR is spec'd to handle ~1.5V overshoots =
while memory controllers are typically spec'd to handle only 300mV. Then =
the question becomes: Are the DDR inputs actually different from the =
inputs of the memory controllers or do the DDR simply have better specs?

I also expect jitter to be more of an issue without termination since =
the overshoots distort the waveforms.

David