[SI-LIST] Re: Remove Ground underneath Differential signal is deserved or not?

  • From: Ritchey Lee <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ibrahim Khan <ikhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 17:07:22 -0700

Ibrahim,

I read most of the mail that goes by with this group.  When I have time I
answer some.  As to guard traces, I'd rather not be though of as having
opinions about them, but rather science that demonstrates that they are not
useful as a way to separate transmission lines from each other.  As always,
opinion is for politicians, science is for engineers.

What I show in my class is that guard traces are always LC networks that
resonate at some frequency and can and do turn into bandpass filters at some
frequencies.  I demonstrate this will actual failed circuits.

Hope this helps.

Lee

List archives are viewable at: