[SI-LIST] Re: Regarding the air gap between via hole and copper

  • From: Dagmara Avanindra <dagmara.avanindra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pangning2000@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:29:36 -0700

   Peter,=20

   Sounds like you are talking about the size of antipad, and the size
of your antipad is 10 mils larger than pad, correct? (5 mils all
around).

  Depending on who you use to manufature this board, there should be
no problem with this antipad size.

I wouldn't worry much about the xtalk either, unless you are talking
about some super-sensetive analog planelet, in which you have lots of
extra vias for noisy signals.

 Dagmara

On 7/15/05, Pang Ning <pangning2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>=20
> I have a simple question about the gap between the via hole pad and
> surrounding copper. In VCC layer, I used positive plane. Because the boar=
> size is small, in order to give wider spacing for power between via holes=
, I
> used 5mil air gap between via pad and the copper. I don't know whether th=
is
> spacing(5mil) will cause some problems such as crosstalk from via holes, =
low
> yield issue... Is 5mil too small for the gap? Could you give me some
> suggestions if you think there is anything wrong?
>=20
> Thanks,
> Peter
>=20