[SI-LIST] Re: 回复: Re: trace impedance difference in same signal group of Intel guide

  • From: Heyfitch <heyfitch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fei xue <harrison_cls@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 21:59:25 -0500

This is just a hypothesis...
They allocated a fixed timing budget for the skews due to crosstalk - the
same number of picoseconds irrespective of the microstrip or stripline,
short or long trace. Therefore, the td/inch variation has to be controlled
tighter for the B-bus, the longer of the two buses. The delta between the
even and odd mode impedances becomes lower as the single line Z0 gets
lower.  The same is probably true for the difference between the even and
odd mode velocity delta. I suggest you experiment with a set of three
coupled lines in a 2D field solver to verify this.
- Vadim

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: