From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Sachin Nalbalwar
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:46 PM
To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] ROHS 6/6 BGA device in Non-ROHS reflow

Hi All,
   Is there any way to use ROHS6/6 [Non-leaded] BGA device in Non-ROHS
reflow [240 Deg C] temp. environment.

I need to do this because Leaded [ROHS5/6] device I was using is
obsolete and Non-leaded[ROHS6/6] drop-in-replacement part is available
now.

One way out I am thinking is, not sure if it is correct or not. -

Can we use non-leaded solder paste/solder cream for soldering this
Non-leaded[ROHS6/6] on board? Because of lower temp. [240 Deg.C] this
Non-leaded[ROHS6/6] device balls may not melt but non-leaded solder
paste will help.

I am sorry if you feel this query is not relevant in this forum.

Regards,
Sachin Nalbalwar

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net