From: Grasso, Charles [mailto:Charles.Grasso@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 9:59 AM
To: 'mike_bihan@xxxxxxxxxxxx'; List` Si
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: Question related to HFSS: Zpi, Zpv, Zvi =
difference

Ok OK I'm gonna play the bad guy here.
I would encourage the folks on the SI-List
that use HFSS and (I assume) pay their
maintenance fees- NOT to answer this type
of technical question.

Let me explain why.
As a former Ansoft AE I have some insight
into the costs involved in technical software
support.=3D20

Ansoft - as do other EM Simulation companies
employ Apps Engineers to answers exactly
this kind of customer question. The companies
that pay their maintenance fees get access to =3D20
Apps Engineers and software upgrades. The=3D20
maintainence fees also help fund the support
function. So although its jolly tempting
to display one's  ability with a esoteric
EM tool - I suggest that this undermines=3D20
the support process and should not be=3D20
encouraged in this forum.

Best Regards
Charles Grasso
Senior Compliance Engineer