[SI-LIST] Re: Question about Simulation in Spectraquest

  • From: "Venkataraman, Srinivas" <srinivas.venkataraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'James Freeman'" <freeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"Venkataraman, Srinivas" <srinivas.venkataraman@xxxxxxxxx>,"'Todd Westerhoff'" <twester@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:01:25 -0700

Sure. The adjusted interconnect delay method is a good way to do it if you
do not have a good
receiver model. For high performance buses with very fast edge rates and
smaller cycle times (a few nS), the need to do the whole path will become
inevitable.

The input to the receiver is always important as that is the only way to
understand what the tline and the discontinuties along the path are doing to
the signal.