[SI-LIST] Re: Question about SSTL Termination

  • From: "Greim, Michael" <mgreim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx'" <Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx>,arsenault_brian@xxxxxxx, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:21:28 -0500

Regarding your voltage swing, I suspect that what you are
seeing is drive strength limitations of the driver.  If you
divide the voltage differences between the drive level and
Vtt by the termination resistor, you will probably find the
rated drive strength of the buffer.  Once the low terminator
is removed, the driver can drive to the rails.

best regards,

MG